Nordic Music Days is a festival presenting Nordic contemporary music and sound. The next edition of Nordic Music Days takes place in Glasgow from 30 October to 3 November 2024. The festival is a collaboration between Scotland and the Nordics, with the ambition to build long-lasting, sustainable partnerships between musical organisations, communities and creative individuals.
Nordic Music Days 2024 invites all composers and artists associated with Scotland and the Nordic countries to submit one work or proposal on the theme of Word of Mouth to one of the festival’s six open call categories:
- Orchestral works
- Small scale or solo works for ensembles or small groups
- Installation works
- Proposals for young, mixed ability players
- Proposals for work presented outdoors, in nature
- Proposals for creating work at a distance without travelling
HOW TO APPLY
- See the call document (pdf) for full details of the open call criteria.
- Submit through our digital platform at http://nmdsubmission.org/
The deadline for submissions is Friday 23 June 2023.
We particularly encourage co-created and collaborative submissions, submissions from collectives and from composers and artists who identify as neurodiverse, disabled, women, non-binary, LGBTQIA+, indigenous, global majority, emergent and creatively ageing.
Support for applicants
Find out more about the calls, ask questions and meet other composers and artists at online question and answer sessions on 16 May and 12 June. The meetings will be in English and booking is required.
Nordic Music Days 2024 is a Nordic Composers Council project, managed on their behalf by the Danish Composers Society in partnership with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra.